The West Coast Business Development Centre is a Section 21 Company registered under number 98/019440/08 and also a registeredOn Profit Organisation NPO Reg no 037-340-NPO. The WCBDC develops and enhances the growth of Small, Medium, and Micro Enterprise (SMME) in the West Coast Region through training, business linking, export development, and project management. They also inspire young entrepreneurs to start their own businesses. In addition, the WCBDC provides access to finance and quick and effective dissemination of business information, such as:
- Tenders and business opportunities captured from the State Tender Bulletin, databases and several media sources and corporates (communicated to the SMMEs when available).
- A user-friendly Resource Centre with electronic data networking, books, documents, relevant laws and regulations, prescribed forms for registrations, business opportunities and networking partners.
- A regularly updated database on local SMMEs to enable fast and effective referral.
Enlarge flow chart - back
A Board of Directors is governing the activities of the WCBDC. An efficient management structure with competent staff care for day to day activities
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors comprises 12 delegates who are nominated and elected every second year at the Annual General Meeting. The current Board was elected and appointed in September 2007. The delegates represent:
- The SMME Sector
- SMME Support Organisations
- The Corporate Sector
- Private Sector Business Organisations
- Local and District Municipalities.
The staff comprises:
- A Chief Executive Officer, Ms Abigail Murray
- An Operations Manager Mr. Gert van Zyl (also SAQA accredited assessor, mentor and coach)
- A Receptionist and Administrative Assistant, Mr Elsa Norman
- A Business Advisor and Business Development Officer existing businesses , Ms.Elizabeth Boltman
- A Business Advisor and development Officer, start-up businesses. Ms Jeanine Gordon,
- Information Officer and Development Officer responsible for assisting SMMEs with registration of their businesses, Ms Siphokazi Dlakamela,
- A General Assistant, Ms Valerie Sass.
- A part- time Bookkeeper and training facilitator and mentor, Ms Levenia Pretorius.